Frequently Asked Questions
If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to call us!
How do I pick the right package for my party?
Feel free to call us to have a chat about your event, the age range of the children attending, your child’s interests and what type of entertainment you think your child and their friends would like. We’re happy to help and we can offer to tailor packages to suit your child’s interests.
What age group do you cater for?
We specialise in entertainment for girls and boys between 2 – 8 years. Face Painting is recommended for children 2 years+. Our entertainers are trained to create and adapt activities to suit all party guest ages.
Can babies and toddlers participate?
Yes, babies and toddlers can participate and love bubbles and music! Our Rainbow 1.5hr Package is a great package for toddlers! We encourage parents of babies and toddlers to feel free to join in activities with their children.
What time should we have the entertainer arrive?
We recommend having the entertainer arrive 30 minutes after the time on your invitation. This gives party guests time to arrive, settle in and get excited!
What do you provide?
We provide everything required for the entertainment portion of the event, including portable ipod speaker, with ipod for music, professional grade face paints, balloons, bubbles and a gift for the birthday child (when booked for Rainbow Entertainment packages)
Do you provide catering?
We don’t offer catering but we can recommend a wonderful catering service that specialises in children’s parties and christenings. They also offer themed decorations and displays to help create a beautiful and fun atmosphere at your celebration.
What do we need to provide?
In the summer months, if the party is being held outside, we recommend having a clear, shaded space (on level ground) to ensure the children aren’t too hot during party games. The clear space allows for the children to sit and participate in a magic show and to play party games. It is also helpful to provide a picnic rug for the children to sit on during the magic show.
For the face painting activity, we appreciate if you can provide an adult sized table and 2 chairs .
During winter, and on colder days, it is a good idea to provide a clear space indoors to provide warmth for children, where they can sit comfortably to watch and participate in the magic show. A clear space is also ideal for party games.
Where your party space is limited (eg at a restaurant or in a cozy apartment) we are able to accommodate this by playing more structured party games.
About Face Painting and Balloon Twisting
* Safety with Balloons – Un-inflated or broken balloons can present a choking or suffocation hazard for children. Parent supervision is required. Discard any broken balloons immediately.
* Face Painting is recommended for 2 years and upwards. We use professional grade face paints with FDA approved ingredients. They are skin safe, non-toxic and water based. They produce vivid colours. Our paints and equipment are kept hygienically clean, and when using a sponge only one clean sponge is used per child. In order to maintain hygiene and safety standards for all children, we reserve the right to not paint on anyone’s face who appears to have: Cold or Flu, impetigo, chicken pox, conjunctivitis, any other contagious condition, or who appears unwell.
* Face Paint Removal – Face Paint is best washed off with warm water, a wet washer/flannel and a soap-free wash (a wash that the child has used before). Baby wipes are not recommended for removing a face paint design.
Please inform us prior to the party, if anyone attending has a latex allergy
How can we make a booking?
Bookings can be made in 3 easy steps:
- Choose the character you’d like to entertain/face paint at your event,
- Choose your Favourite party package,
- Have a list of preferred dates and times for your event,
Fill out a Booking Enquiry Form.
What happens after I’ve made a booking request?
- Jessica will check availability and confirm if your requested party time is available.
- Once availability is confirmed, we allow 48 hours for you to pay a minimum $60 deposit (non-refundable). Once this is received we email confirmation.
- We ask that your balance payment be finalised at least 1 week before your event.
- Please note if you party date is less than 2 weeks away, we require full payment to secure your booking.
- Your entertainer will call to confirm details a couple of days prior to the event.
How can I pay?
We accept payments via bank transfer.
We do not accept cash payment on the day, as it can spoil the magic for young children who may see money exchanged.
What happens if it rains?
We recommend having a wet weather back up plan. If you’re having the party in a park and need to move to a shelter area or home please call your entertainer by the morning of your event to notify of changes. If it rains, we are happy to go ahead with the entertainment, however we do require a sheltered area to ensure children, guests, the entertainer and their equipment does not get wet. If you are hosting the party in a park or outdoors, your wet weather plan might be to have an indoor space, verandah or carport cleared and ready at home. In the event of rain, the party can be moved to this sheltered area. It’s a great idea to have your guests’ phone numbers saved in your phone, so that a quick text can be sent to notify of the change in venue.
What if we need to cancel?
If you need to cancel your booking due to wet weather, sickness or other extreme circumstances, the $60 deposit is non-refundable. We appreciate your understanding as we have made it our priority to reserve your requested party booking time.
If you need to postpone, and are able to provide 14 days or more notice we will reschedule your event to a time that suits you and when we are also available. If you provide less than 14 days notice and would like to reschedule a $40 rescheduling fee applies (in addition to your package price). We appreciate your understanding as we have made it our priority to reserve your original entertainment booking time for you.